“Toddler Friendly” festival, the Ottawa Annual Scarecrow Fest has something to offer every member of the family! This day long fest is designed to go easy on the family wallet too. Put this one on the calendar for the kids!
Free horse-drawn hitch wagon rides will be available courtesy of Otter Creek Carriages from 12:00pm to 3:00pm, with staging set up in the SOCU parking lot on Jefferson Street!
Washington Square Park
- 4-H Animal Demos: 10:00am to 12:00pm
Come see bunnies, goats, and sheep courtesy of 4-H and Kate Reed!
- Kids Craft Tent: 10:00am to 4:00pm
Come make a fun craft to take home or give as a gift!
- Ottawa Area Chamber’s “You’re Gonna Need a Bigger Bowl” Chili Cook-Off: 10:00am to 11:30am
See the brave souls who have offered up their chili recipes in their quest to find out who the top Chili Chef in Ottawa is!
- Face Painting with Diane Martin: 10:00am to 4:00pm
Get yourself in the Festive Fall Spirit by getting your face painted by Diane Martin, who will also be raising money for Safe House Animal Rescue of Mendota!
- “Bat Hero & Miss Marvelous” presented by Caitlyn’s Ever After LLC: 10:30am to 11:30am
Meet your favorite superheroes and get pictures with the one and only “Bat Hero” and “Miss Marvelous,” courtesy of Caitlyn’s Ever After LLC!
- Music Performance by Cheryl Rodey: 12:00pm to 2:00pm
Come see vocal powerhouse and full time musician Cheryl Rodey perform her incredible originals and new takes on old classics on the Jordan Block stage!
- Music Performance by Dustin Darnold: 2:30pm to 4:00pm
Enjoy musician Dustin Darnold’s original compositions and beautiful lyrics as he performs on our Jordan Block stage.